For Our NY City Clients: Enjoy a Morning Learning About The Pitfalls & Best Practices of Worksite Wellness Programs
Our President, Tiffany Passmore, will be in Manahattan on Tuesday, May 29th from 8:30-11 AM to discuss the following topic:
Workplace Wellness: Does it Work? Exploring the Pitfalls and Best Practices of Worksite Wellness Programs.
The topic of worksite wellness can be a divisive issue: Some companies are big proponents of fostering employee health and well being while others haven’t quite “bought in” to the fact that investing in wellness is worthwhile.
No matter what side of the fence you stand on, there’s no doubt that employers have many practical, financial and legal considerations when incorporating wellness programs at the workplace. This program will explore:
1. The purpose, benefits, and potential risks of having onsite wellness programs
2. How to develop a wellness program that is effective and embraced by employees.
3. Defining the concept of NIOSH’s Total Worker Health and providing strategies for attaining buy in from front line supervisors and managers.
4. Factors to consider to ensure wellness programming is in compliance with applicable federal and state laws
5. The future of wellness: An overview of upcoming trends and predictions of where worksite wellness may be heading.
About Our Presenter
Tiffany Passmore is an accomplished leader in the fields of human resources and employee health programs. Throughout her career, Tiffany has served in a number of integral roles with The Flanders Group, Rochester Regional Health, and CDS Life Transitions. Her current role is President of WPV, Inc., a premier health promotion, disease prevention and wellness organization that provides a variety of wellness services to create and sustain a healthier community across New York State. She has a wealth of knowledge and experience in the fields of human resources, occupational health, workers’ compensation, leave administration, risk management and employee wellness.
Where? Marcum 750 3rd Avenue, New York, NY
When? TUESDAY May 29th 8:30 AM – 11:00 AM
Cost: NYC SHRM Members: Free Non-members: Free
To Register: http://www.nycshrm.org/events/EventDetails.aspx?id=1082599&group
For questions regarding registration contact:
Tiffany Passmore firstname.lastname@example.org
Grace Beasley – Chair SIG NFP Gb1mat@aol.com
Dustin Bessette -CoChair SIG NFP email@example.com